Katie Shilton is an associate professor in the College of Information Studies at the University of Maryland, College Park, and leads the Ethics & Values in Design (EViD) Lab. Her research explores ethics and policy for the design of information technologies. She is the PI of the PERVADE project, a multi-campus collaboration focused on big data research ethics. Other projects include developing privacy-sensitive search for email collections; analyzing ethical cultures in computer security research; and building tools to facilitate ethics discussions in mobile application development.
- Collaborative Research: Pervasive Data Ethics for Computational Research (PERVADE)
- CAREER: Finding Levers for Privacy and Security by Design in Mobile Development
- CCE STEM: Finding Practices that Cultivate Ethical Computing in Mobile and Wearable Application Research & Development
- CCE STEM: Standard: Collaborative: The Development of Ethical Cultures in Computer Security Research
- III:Small:Safely Searching Among Sensitive Content