Ge Gao is an assistant professor at the College of Information Studies (iSchool). She draws on both quantitative and qualitative methods, including lab experiments, surveys, in-situ sensing and ethnography to study the joint effects of technology use and diversity on teamwork. She also designs and evaluates computer-based tools that facilitate team communication and collaboration under various contexts.
- Computer-supported cooperative work (CSCW)
- Computer-mediated communication (CMC)
- Human-centered computing (HCC)
- Multilingual and intercultural communication
- PhD, Communication, Cornell University, 2017
- MS, Psychology, Peking University, 2010
- BS, Psychology, Peking University, 2007